Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Lego Movie: everything is awesome

It is often the case that movie's get over-hyped.  I've been fooled many a times, and with all the press this got, I just assumed someone did a good job marketing a ridiculous child's movie.  And then the rotten tomato score came out.  And I must say, I was very appreciative of this movie.  Though I found all the bright colors and flying Lego pieces over-stimulating, the story was highly original.  And kinda meta... very legit.  The story centers on an average Joe who becomes extraordinary in a world of lemmings (and the Justice League apparently) and has a great message that both parents and children can enjoy.  And really does make you want to get out the ol' Lego set and build something.  Dan Lin, this was a very good look... though, it was perfectly fine in 2-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment